Understanding the basic requirements of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the American with Disabilities Act Amendments (ADAA) is key to developing appropriate policies and procedures for interactions with individuals with disabilities.
Beginning with an overview of the protections afforded individuals with disabilities and morphing into dealing with your employees to answer such questions as
- “Do you know how to develop reasonable job accommodation plans and could such
accommodation pose a safety risk?”
- “How do you address employees whose work performance may be indicative of a disability?”
- “How do you provide equal access to potential employees?”
- “In dealing with the public, do you know if your facility is in compliance with the law or does it even need to be compliant?”
- If you would like to learn more about ADA and your job responsibilities in providing services for security personnel with disabilities, this session is for you.
- Identify the key elements of the ADA and ADAA
- Learn the techniques for creating a supportive work environment for employees
Please follow and like us: